Please Enable Cookies to Continue
Please enable cookies in your browser to experience all the personalized features of this site, including the ability to apply for a job.
At Shawmut, our primary objective is to deliver exceptional service catered to our clients’ specific goals and concerns. Our project teams deliver top quality work through a hands-on, collaborative process while keeping our clients’ best interests our absolute focus at all times. With specialized training and the support of a national company, we foster project teams whose skill and dedication leads to the deliberate, predictable and repeatable construction experiences that have attracted and retained the top clients in every market in which we focus. The most memorable construction experiences are based on one principle—it’s the people who make the difference. And at Shawmut, we have the very best.
We are currently looking for a Senior Project Manager to work on extraordinary and cutting-edge projects with elite local and national clients in the Hospitality Group. This group focuses on the restaurant, gaming, hotel, spa and healthclub, and sports venue business. A Senior Project Manager manages the project team by driving the growth and development of project team members while developing critical relationships with internal and external clients. This person will be a team leader responsible for numerous construction management related tasks including, project execution, financial management, and delivering projects the Shawmut way while achieving financial control and profit goals for each project.
- Take an active role in and guide jobs and job teams in each phase including pre-construction, construction, closeout, and post-construction services
- Take a big picture view of strategy, risk assessment, and profitability and continuously communicate this view throughout the life of the project
- Identify and focus on critical issues related to constructability including associated costs and logistical issues
- Lead and manage multiple and/or larger, more complex projects with limited PX involvement
- Ensure timely and accurate completion of all Shawmut financial processes, controls, and reports, i.e., internal budgets, costs to complete, billings, collections, subcontractor payments, change order preparation and resolution, contracts, etc.
- Ensure that jobs are completed according to schedule and meet profit goals
- Oversee the change order process to ensure the extras presented to the owner get approved and are fair
- Establish annual performance goals for each direct report
- Develop, nurture and maintain ongoing client, architect, subcontractor and industry (landlords, brokers, etc) relationships at the appropriate level reinforcing Shawmut's commitment to continuously addressing their needs and interests.
- Work collaboratively with outside parties (I.e. the design team, etc.) to accomplish client goals
- Promote positive subcontractor relations by dealing professionally and fairly with all subcontractors and vendors instilling this philosophy in project teams at all times
- Uphold Shawmut Values and 16 Best Practices
- 10+ years of experience in construction management with a commercial general contracting company
- Experience managing multiple projects simultaneously as well as fast track projects
- Experience managing restaurant, gaming, hotel, spa and healthclub, or sports venue projects in a rapidly growing organization is critical
- Management and Leadership experience, including experience mentoring project managers and assistant project managers
- Extensive experience maintaining project budgets and schedules
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Business travel is required