At Shawmut, our primary objective is to deliver exceptional service catered to our clients’ specific goals and concerns. Our project teams deliver top quality work through a hands-on, collaborative process while keeping our clients best interests our absolute focus at all times. With specialized training and the support of a national company, we foster project teams whose skill and dedication leads to the deliberate, predictable and repeatable construction experiences that have attracted and retained the top clients in every market in which we focus. The most memorable construction experiences are based on one principle; it’s the people who make the difference. And at Shawmut, we have the very best.
The purpose of the estimating internship is to support the multiple processes related to project estimating. The responsibilities of this role include performing estimating tasks and supporting the estimating team with regards to the project set-up, bid process, estimate preparation, and maintaining positive subcontractor relationships on a wide range of projects.
• Pursuing bachelor’s degree, preferably in construction management, civil engineering or related field.
• Prior Co-op or internship experience in construction preferred.
• Strong communication skills.
• Ability to interact with all levels of management.
• High attention to detail.