The Group Director is a strategic business partner to the business line leader and responsible for P&L management and driving financial results. The Group Finance Director partners closely with the project management teams and corporate finance to understand and maintain the financial controls to meet our profit goals. The role will also identify potential opportunities, risks and trends to make sound strategic and operational business decisions. The Group Finance Director typically reports to another Group Finance Director or Chief Financial Officer.
· 15+ years relevant accounting experience
· Previous experience in a leadership role with large team and business
· Construction Accounting experience required
· Undergraduate degree in Accounting or Finance required
· Advanced degree a plus
· Mastery of gross profit/ job cost recovery/ cash flow and other key indicators
· Demonstrated experience in process improvement
· Technical mastery in the following areas: Understanding cash flow, cost to complete reporting, owner contracts, construction accounting, budgeting and financial statements.
· Demonstrated people and team management skills, proven ability to develop others
· Ability to build relationships and collaborate with internal and external clients and all levels
· Strong business acumen
· History of strong analytical and strategic thinking skills
· Demonstrated understanding of project accounting concepts and application in a fast paced and changing environment.
· Ability to support multiple complex priorities
· Experience in managing staff, effective in delegating tasks and managing to deadlines
· Strong judgment, communication/interpersonal skills
· Strong organization skills with the ability to prioritize multiple tasks and attention to detail
· Ability to work well under pressure in a fast paced environment, high sense of urgency and ownership of deliverables. Demonstrated ability to manage to deadlines.
· High level of professionalism, client service oriented, excellent written and oral communication skills
· Quick learner, resourceful and self –starter with strong work ethic
· Excellent Excel, Accounting ERP Software and other Microsoft Office products