Shawmut Design and Construction is looking for a co-op to work within our IT Service Desk helping to support our business clients and their devices across the United States. You will work in a fast-paced environment in the midst of implementing a new cloud-based call center and asset management system as well as other remote support technologies. You will help in upgrading client systems to the latest Windows 10 and Office 365 client technology. You will also help in the resolution of tier 1 support requests from our end user community using a new, Agile method for IT operations.
Assist with day-to-day tier 1 support of end users and their Windows and iOS devices and apps working on the phone, through IM, or through email to resolve issues.
• Respond to, update, and resolve support tickets in our ITSM ticketing system.
• Assist in upgrading client devices from Windows 7 to Windows 10 and from Office 2010 to Office 365.
• Onboard new users, which includes imaging laptop hardware, configuring accounts, configuring applications, and configuring mobile devices.
• Assist with maintaining store room inventory of laptops, mobile devices, and accessories.
• Work closely with other User Services team members and with other IT teams in the event a support request requires escalation.
• Help develop and maintain end user-facing documentation in the areas of how to guides and problem resolution.
• A lover of technology who enjoys learning new skills
• Somebody who enjoys working with people and has excellent customer service skills
• Supportive of a culture of continuous process and organization improvement
• A good oral and written communicator