At Shawmut, our primary objective is to deliver exceptional service catered to our clients specific goals and concerns. Our project teams deliver top quality work through a hands-on, collaborative process while keeping our clients best interests our absolute focus at all times. With specialized training and the support of a national company, we foster project teams whose skill and dedication leads to the deliberate, predictable and repeatable construction experiences that have attracted and retained the top clients in every market in which we focus. The most memorable construction experiences are based on one principle it's the people who make the difference. And at Shawmut, we have the very best
Will assist in the development, implementation and maintenance of compensation programs at Shawmut. The role will work closely with management and HR to assist in driving the annual compensation program and ensure equitable and competitive pay that comply with legal and regulatory requirements.
Assists with the administration and maintenance of compensation programs and processes such as conducting job evaluations, market analysis, salary surveys and performs job analysis; makes recommendations on associated results.
Provide ad-hoc and regular reporting on compensation and market data including preliminary research, data analysis and basic queries in internal systems.
Analyze newly proposed programs against current internal programs and compare to best practices
Serve as project lead for various compensation related special projects.
· Bachelor's degree and 3-5 years of progressively responsible compensation experience
· Solid knowledge of compensation principles and program practices, methodologies, and strategies
· Advanced Excel skills, including formulas, data importing/exporting to/from Excel, pivot tables and charts; strong skills in MS Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook. Experience with Payfactors is a plus.
· Knowledge of current state and federal compensation rules and regulations
· Knowledge and experience with benefits or other specialties within human resources is preferred
· Exceptional customer service and follow-through skills
· Must be able to maintain the highest level of confidentiality with all matters
· Excellent communication and teamwork skills as well as the ability to work independently
· Demonstrated planning and time management skills in order to successfully manage high volume multiple competing priorities.
· Analytical skills to gather information from diverse sources, apply moderately complex statistical principles in performing various analyses and summarize information and data in order to solve problems or design relatively complex systems and programs that work organizationally.
· Familiarity with Employee Stock Ownership Plans a plus
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions. Performance of the required duties may require physical ability to climb permanent and temporary stairs and ladders and general navigation of an area under construction. Employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 15 pounds.